Name: Sofie Hatfield
School: Kamali’i Elementary
How did you learn how to cook? My mom and dad.
What’s the first thing you learned to make? French toast.
What’s your favorite ingredient and why? Cinnamon & sugar, because it is yummy and goes in some of my favorite foods.
What meal do you enjoy preparing most and why? Dessert, because I really like churros and cookies!
Do you have a signature dish? If so, what is it? Yes, french toast.
What’s the last dish you attempted that was a total failure? What did you learn? Caramelized apples. They came out good to my mom and dad, but I thought I was making apples with caramel. I learned to make sure I know what I am really making and the ingredients.
What tip can you share with other kids who may be intimidated by cooking? Don’t be afraid to do what your dream is, just because you are a kid!
Sofie’s Cinnamon French Toast
1 teaspoon of milk
2 Slices of bread (we use artisan golden wheat bread)
1 tablespoon premixed cinnamon and sugar (more/less based on your preference)
2 tablespoon butter
1. In a 10-inch or 12-inch skillet or griddle, melt butter over medium heat.
2. In a medium-size shallow bowl or pie dish, whisk together cinnamon mixture, eggs, and milk.
3. Dip bread in the egg mixture and make sure to cover both sides.
4. Fry slices until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side.
5. Serve with butter and syrup.
Check out the rest of Sofie’s videos on her YouTube Channel: Sofie’s 30 Days Of Cooking