COUNTY OF MAUI INCLUSIVE ACTIVITIES
The County of Maui Department of Parks & Recreation offers several adaptive and inclusive activities for children and adults.
Dates: Fall 2019
Area: Eddie Tam Gym (Central)
Come enjoy the wonderful world of archery!
Dates: Fall 2019
Area: Wailuku Community Center (Central)
Come enjoy dancing and karaoke!
ADAPTIVE CANOE PROGRAM
Dates: Every 3rd Monday • 9AM–11AM
Area: Kihei Canoe Club (South)
BEACH ACCESS CHAIR
Availability: Daily • 8:30AM–3:30PM
Area: Kamaole I Beach (Kihei)
Chair guidelines available online at
Pre-registration required. Limited to the first 40 children and adults that require supports while kayaking.
INCLUSIVE CHILDREN’S ART
PROGRAM: SATURDAY ART CLASSES
Dates: Saturdays • 10AM–12PM
All art participants will have the opportunity to learn the basic art skills of drawing, painting in acrylic, water coloring, and design concepts. Our Art Instructor, Paulo Sabado, is a professional artist and also has extensive experience working with developmental disabilities. The Inclusive Art program is an avenue for children with special needs to feel at ease in a group learning environment.
ADAPTIVE TENNIS 4 ALL
Dates: 1st and 3rd Wednesdays
Times: 3:30PM–5:30PM • Area: War Memorial Tennis Courts 1 & 2 (Central)
Free program to all ages with and without disabilities. Be sure to bring water, towel, sun screen and wear shoes. Come join the fun. Register on first day of attendance.
FUTURE ADAPTIVE SPORTS
Basketball Clinic, Soccer Clinic, Golf Clinic, and Archery. We are excited about planning these future programs!
WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK….
1) What type of activities would you like to see our recreation programs provide for
2) What type of adaptive program would
You like to see?
3) How do you obtain your recreation resource information for your child?
4) If you could participate in a program with your child what would that program preference be?
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Inclusion Specialist Richard Antone: (808) 463-5116, (808) 270-1792, Richard.Antone@mauicounty.gov
SUBSCRIBE TO THE INCLUSIVE ACTIVITIES CALENDAR!
1. Visit www.mauicounty.gov/list.aspx
2. Enter your email address and click Sign In.
3. Verify your email and/or text message preferences.
4. Scroll down to Parks and click the icons next to Inclusive Activities.