1. Try not to announce your pregnancy until after the first trimester – when pregnancies become more viable.
2. Don’t wait until you’re showing because speculation will rise; let your supervisor know first rather than finding it out from co-workers.
3. Be positive. Assume that you will be coming back to work after the birth.
4. Have a plan for your supervisor on how your work will be fulfilled without finding a temporary replacement.
5. Set-up another time to discuss maternity leave.
6. Know your rights and the company’s leave policy. Be flexible and don’t return until you’re ready.