Think upside-down salad cups: as easy to create as spreading peanut butter and jelly. Layered with colorful and crunchy veggies, a healthy protein of your choosing and a delectable sauce to “Thai“ it all together, these savory stacks of brain-boosting goodness will make your kid the envy of his lunch table crew.
You’ll need a pint-sized mason jar with a lid and a small jar for the dressing.
Mix and match your favorite veggies and proteins:
- Shredded or shaved carrot or other colorful blend of root veggies (purple daikon, watermelon radish, heirloom carrot)
- Chopped greens ( of your choice, I like thinly sliced baby bok chop) fresh ( clean) bean sprouts, mint/ basil/ cilantro ( all three, just one – your choice )
- Cooked chicken, tofu or seasoned seared tempeh, cashews or peanuts.
Nuac chom sweet chili is the base for this accompanying dressing, which is a kid-friendly twist on the classic Thai dipping sauce. The light and zippy dressing tie together the components of this fresh lunch salad. Send in a separate little jar or baggie to keep veggies fresh.
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 TBSP Fish sauce
- 3 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- diced mint, cilantro or basil.