I love making this simple pizza with goat cheese & fresh strawberries. I sometimes use arugula instead of spinach and like using fresh herbs like thyme or oregano to give it extra flavor. This recipe also works well with cream cheese if you’re not a fan of goat cheese.
- 1 12 inch prebaked pizza crust (I buy the dough pre-made from Whole Foods)
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup trimmed baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons macadamia nuts, chopped (substitute any you prefer)
Preheat oven to 425°.
Place crust on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and lightly salt. Bake at 425° for until cooked through. Remove from oven; arrange goat cheese evenly over crust.
Combine strawberries, baby spinach, olive oil, juice, salt, and black pepper; toss gently to coat. Arrange strawberry mixture evenly over goat cheese. Sprinkle pizza with Parmigiano-Reggiano and nuts. Cut into 12 wedges. Serve immediately.