Name: Briza Tibayan
School: Kamali’i Elementary School
Briza’s Peanut Butter French Toast Rolls
6 slices sandwich bread
1 banana, sliced
1 tbs milk (we use almond)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Brown sugar (sprinkle as you like)
1. Roll each slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
2. Spread the desired amount of peanut butter on bread, sprinkle brown sugar over bread.
3. Line up a row of banana slices along one edge, roll up the bread.
4. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, and vanilla.
5. Dip each roll-up in egg mixture and pan fry in butter until all sides are golden brown.
6. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and serve with syrup. (my favorite way is to dip in whipped cream)
If you know a kid with a great recipe to share, send answers to the interview, recipe, and images to email@example.com.