Celebrate Prince Kūhiō at Queen Ka‘ahumanu Center
- Queen Ka’ahumanu Center, Kahului
- Friday, March 24, 2023
- 4 pm
- For more information, visit queenkaahumanucenter.com
Support Hawaiian language immersion at the 36th Annual Ho’omau 2023
Pūnana Leo o Maui will host their 36th-anniversary event, Ho‘omau 2023 on Saturday, March 25th at the Maui Nui Botanical Gardens in Kahului from 9:00 a.m. to sunset. This is a very special, can’t-miss event with a silent auction, performances, cultural demonstrations, ad local vendors. This benefit supports the Hawaiian language immersion preschool students at Pūnana Leo o Maui in Wailuku. Presale tickets are available through the families of Pūnana Leo o Maui.
- Maui Nui Botanical Gardens, Kahului
- Saturday, March 25, 2023
- 9 am – sunset
- $15 presale, $20 at the door
- For more information and tickets, visit hoomau.com.
Bring the family to the Maui Ocean Center Anniversary Celebration.
A 25th Anniversary Celebration is set for 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 25. The event features kama’āina specials plus street performers, live music, face painting, and more. While the aquarium’s mission for the past quarter century is to share the wonder and beauty of Hawaii’s native marine life, including tropical fish and living coral, they also educate on ocean conservation and Hawaiian culture. Maui Ocean Center is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with its “Humpbacks of Hawaii” 3D Sphere Experience (for ages 4 and older) showing every half hour from 10 am to 4 pm
- Maui Ocean Center, Mā‘alaea Harbor
- Saturday, March 25. 2023
- 10 am – 4 pm
- Special pricing: $20 adult kamaʻāina, $5 keiki kamaʻāina
- For more information and tickets, visit mauioceancenter.com.
This week at the library:
- Lahaina Library – March 25, 2023, @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am Women in Hawaiian Kingdom Governance
- Kihei Library – Thurs, March 30, 2023, @ 9:30 am – 10:00 am Keiki Story Time
Free Shadow Puppet Show at the MACC
- Maui Arts & Cultural Center, Kahului
- Monday, March 27, 2023
- RSVP at mauiarts.org
Make Art for Spring Equinox
The Hui’s Family Thursdays are designed for children ages 3-10 and an adult parent or guardian to create artwork together. Offered once a month, each workshop features a new hands-on project for families to participate in together. Projects are often seasonally inspired and might include projects like tie-dying, collage, or DIY spring flower pots. Family Thursday workshops require one child and one parent/guardian to participate, special consideration will be given to a parent/guardian wanting to register with more than one child.
- Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center, Makawao
- Thursday, March 29, 2023
- 3:30 – 5pm
- For more information and to sign up, please visit huinoeau.com.
Catch the Wellness Wave
The Maui Mall Village is hosting a Maui Community Health & Wellness Fair to provide inspiration, information, and resources. IMUA Family Services, Mālama I Ke Ola Health Center, Maui Health, and Hawaii Animal Rescue Foundation are among the many community groups that will be on hand to interact and assist. In addition to visiting these helpful community booths, guests can take a break and enjoy live entertainment featuring popular Maui performers. This family-friendly event is free to attend.
- Maui Mall Village, Kahului
- Saturday, March 25, 2023
- 10 am – 3 pm
- For more information, visit mauimallvillage.com