Teach Your Keiki about Stormwater
Fun, educational and hands-on activities for youngsters at the Maui Ocean Center, led by the environmental management team at the State of Hawaii, Department of Transportation Highways Division – Maui District. Using colorful models of a coastal watershed and the storm drain system, children will be able to learn about rainfall, stormwater flow, pollution movement, and prevention, and win fun prizes for participating.
- Maui Ocean Center
- March 17, 2023
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- For more information, visit mauioceancenter.com
Blood Drive on Maui
The Blood Bank of Hawaii is back on Maui hosting a blood drive at the Cameron Center. Appointments are required and it only takes about 1 hour. The process is easy and safe, and it is recommended that donors be well-hydrated and have something to eat before they come in to donate.
- Cameron Center, 95 Mahalani St, Wailuku
- Tuesday, March 21 from 9am – 7pm
- Wednesday, March 22 from 8am – 6pm
- Thursday, March 23 from 6am – 3pm
- To schedule an appointment, visit bbh.org or call 808-848-4770
This week at the library:
- Kihei Library – Tues, March 21, 2023 @ 4:00 pm – 4:45 pm Uncle Wayne and the Howling Dog Band
- Kihei Library – Thurs, March 23, 2023 @ 9:30 am – 10:00 am Keiki Story Time
Stop by Story Time at Raising Cane’s
Raising Cane’s and 99.9 KISS are partnering with Maui Family Support Services, Inc. for National Reading Month. Hang with the 99.9 KISS crew, enjoy story time with Huaka’i o Maui author Jenny Coon and illustrator Nicki Barsamian, plus win fun prizes.
- Raising Kane’s, 176 Ho’okele St., Kahului
- Saturday, March 18, 2023
- 2 – 4 pm
Reserve your spot! https://www.eventbrite.com/…/story-time-at-raising…
Enjoy Music, Morning Makeke, and Keiki Club
Queen Ka’ahumanu Center is filled with fun activities this weekend. On Friday, March 17, Kamalei Kawa’a will be performing center stage from 6:30 – 8 pm. Saturday morning is the Morning Makeke with local artisans at the center court, then head over to the playground for Keiki Club to learn about ‘olelo Hawai’i, Hawaiian language, with Kumu Luana Kawa’a.
- Queen Ka’ahumanu Center, Kahului
- Friday, March 17, Kamalei Kawa’a
- Saturday, March 18, 10am – 4 pm, Morning Makeke
- Saturday, March 18, 10 am – 11 am Keiki Club
- For more information, visit queenkaahumanucenter.com