Summer is the perfect time for a picnic!
Grab these go-to items for an instant meal on the road:
- Fruit-infused water and drinks. Re-use glass bottles with lids to take with you on your picnic. Fill bottles with water, fresh fruit, and herbs, such as strawberries, lemons, mint, or rosemary, for an extra-special refreshment.
- Nuts and trail mixes make for easy-to-carry side dishes for your picnic.
- Fresh veggies, like baby carrots, cucumber slices, celery sticks and broccoli are great options for finger foods.
- Sandwiches or lettuce wraps are easy to pack and healthy, too!
- Watermelon slices or fruit salad stored in individual containers make the perfect dessert.
- Hand wipes are helpful when it comes to keeping germs and sand at bay while eating outdoors.
Where to go for a picnic: Maui offers endless choices when it comes to enjoying a picnic. Why not visit the Hui in Makawao and picnic on the grounds afterward? Or you could take a hike in Olinda and stop for a picnic amongst the pine trees of the Makawao Forest Reserve. Another option is a beach picnic, of course! Enjoying one of the island’s many playgrounds, letting the kids play stopping for a picnic under a shade tree is another option. For something out of the ordinary, you could even picnic in your own backyard. Remember to bring a sheet or lightweight blanket, and head outside for your summer picnic.