Mālama Your Mama
If you haven’t made a reservation for Mother’s Day, you’re in luck! Though usually closed on Sundays, Pacific’o on the Beach will be open on Sunday, May 8 in celebration of Mother’s Day with a special menu offering. On Mother’s Day only from 5-9pm, guests can enjoy a beautiful beachfront view as they savor the mouth-watering Crab Crusted Mahi Mahi made with marbled potatoes, lobster-brandy butter and Kula asparagus.
- Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Reservations from 5-9pm
- Pacific’o on the Beach is located on Lahaina’s famous Front Street.
- Reservations are recommended, call 808-667-4341.
- For more information, visit www.pacificomaui.com.
Observe & Play Family Day
O Kalani is a contemporary Hawaiian art exhibit of works by Sean Kekamakupa‘aikapono Ka‘onohiokalani Lee Loy Browne and Imaikalani Kalahele. The exhibition includes sculptures and paintings not previously exhibited. Families are invited to view the exhibit together, explore activities in storytelling and legends, and make a piece of art to take home.
- Saturday, May 7, 2022
- 10:00am – Noon
- Maui Arts & Cultural Center, Schaffer Gallery, Kahului
- For more information, visit mauiarts.org.
Get a Free Comic
Free Comic Book Day is coming to public libraries across the state. Visit a participating library and show your valid HSPLS library card to receive a free comic book and bookmark of your choice, while supplies last. Some title selections include Avatar: The Last Airbender & The Legend of Korra, Avengers/X-Men #1, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and more.
- Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Kihei Library will be hosting James Silvani, a Kihei-based comic book artist and author of Draw-a-Saurus. His credits include Disney’s Darkwing Duck as well as The Muppets, Ducktales, Dreamworks’ How To Train Your Dragon, Penguins of Madagascar, Warner Brothers’ Animaniacs, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He also illustrates Muppet storybooks and creates exclusive Disney and Star Wars fine art for Acme Archives.
- Check your local library for a schedule. For more information, visit librarieshawaii.org
- Maui Comics in Wailuku is also hosting Free Comic Book Day from 10:30am to 5:30pm. All attendees get 10 titles of their choosing (1 copy each). Maui Comics subscribers get 15 titles of their choosing (1 copy each). 110 North Market Street, Wailuku.
- For more information, visit the Facebook Event Page.
Celebrate Children’s Day – Kodomo No Hi
- Saturday, May, 2022
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Queen Ka’ahumanu Center, Kahului
- For more information, call 808-283-9999.
- Saturday, May 14: The Wizard of Oz: TH=he Deleted Scene