Learn about our environment from youth filmmakers.
After a two-year pause, the Huliau Youth Environmental Film Festival has returned to a new outdoor location at Imua Discovery Garden in Wailuku! Join them for a family-friendly outdoor showing of student films from the past two years of programs. Students from multiple Maui schools will present their short environmental films ranging from documentaries to comedies, to virtual field trips.
- Sunday, Mary 22, 2022
- 7 pm-9pm
- Imua Discovery Garden, Wailuku
- Reservations at mauihuiliaufoundation.org
Support budding artists.
ARTLab Maui in Kihei is hosting its first art show this Saturday, May 21 from 2-4pm. Opening this past May, ARTLab Maui has hosted classes, camps, and project days toddlers, keiki, teens, and adults. Come by for their first show featuring the students’ work. Refreshments and family activities will be provided.
- Saturday, May 21, 2022
- ARTLab Maui, Kihei
- For more information, visit artlabmaui.com
Spend the night at the movies.
Starry Night Cinema is back and featuring two family films this weekend. Bring a low-back chair and enjoy an outdoor activity with the family. Come early for keiki art activity and pre-show entertainment. Local food trucks are providing food, so please don’t bring coolers or outside food/beverages.
- SOUL (PG). Friday, May 20, 2022
- Onward (PG), Saturday, May 21, 2022
- Gates open at 6 pm; Film begins at 7:30 pm
- Food and beverages sold from 6-9:30 pm
- Maui Arts & Cultural Center, Alexander & Baldwin Amphitheater
- For more information about the films, visit https://mauiarts.org
Congratulations to the Class of 2022!
For all the graduates and their parents across the islands – kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade, 12th grade, and college – a mighty standing ovation for the huge accomplishment!
- Maui Summer Camp Guide 2022
- Event Calendar
- Saturday, May 21: Ocean Aloha
- Saturday, May 21: The Wizard of Oz: The Deleted Scene