This recipe is known in our household as “Roxanne’s Rockstar MacNut Fish Dish”. I hardly ever measure anything but I’ll give it a shot here. I also use the basic mac nut crust for several types of local fish…all readily available. We also LOVE to top this with Old Fashioned Baked Mango Chutney.
- 1/2 cup chopped local macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (can easily substitute macadamia nut oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound Opah fillets or Mahi-Mahi
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 -3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (can easily substitute macadamia nut oil)
In a food processor, add macadamia nuts, bread crumbs, olive oil, black pepper, & red pepper flakes. Process until smooth.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil and garlic in large skillet over medium heat. (An oven safe one is ideal for less mess). Pan sear fish on both sides and remove from heat.
Transfer fish to oven safe dish (or not if you have oven safe skillet) and bake through. Cover fish with mac nut crust mixture and return to the oven until crust is golden brown.
Serve with a side of Kula Fields veggies over a bed of rice or quinoa topped with the Old Fashioned Baked Mango Chutney.
Sure to make you a “Rockstar” in your house too!