So, you have discovered that you are pregnant. Congratulations! The next big question on everyone’s mind is if you are having a boy or a girl. Whether you choose to find out at your ultrasound or wait until the day of the baby’s arrival, these are a few fun ways to tell if you will have blue or pink in your near future.
It’s a boy if:
- You are clumsier than normal.
- Your belly is round like a basketball.
- Dad gains weight, rather than maintains or loses it.
- Your age at conception added to the month of conception is an odd number.
- Your skin is glowing.
- You crave salty foods.
- You carry the baby low.
- Your face is long and lean.
- You are hairier than normal.
- Your baby’s heartbeat is lower than 140 bpm.
It’s a girl if:
- You are still graceful.
- Your belly is wide like a watermelon.
- Dad maintains weight or loses it.
- Your age at conception added to the month of conception is an even number.
- You crave sweets.
- Your skin breaks out in pimples.
- You carry the baby high.
- Your face is rounder than usual.
- Your hair grows at the same rate as normal.
- Your baby’s heartbeat is higher than 140 bpm.
You may also buy gender reveal kits, if curiosity gets the best of you. Be warned, however, as they only have a fifty-percent chance of being correct. If you have an early ultrasound conducted there’s a method called the Ramzi Theory to guess the gender. At the six-week appointment you can ask the technician which side the placenta is located. If it is located on the left side of your body, the theory states that you will have a girl; if the placenta is located on the right side of your body, you will have a boy. Of course, all of these methods are just for fun and cannot be relied upon for 100% accuracy.. The only guarantee for knowing the gender of your baby is finding out on the day he or she is born.