Self-Care & Free Admission for Kama‘āina at Maui Ocean Center
Maui Ocean Center is aiming to support Maui’s growing mental health and self-care needs with a pair of weekend events that are free to all Maui Nui residents. Dozens of wellness providers, such as massage therapists and counselors, have volunteered their services for a free community pop-up clinic this Friday, Aug. 25, and Saturday, Aug. 26. The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day at the parking lot outside of Maui Ocean Center. The two-day clinic will be followed by free admission to Maui Ocean Center for kama‘āina from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (last entry at 4 p.m.) this Sunday, Aug. 27.
- Maui Ocean Center, Māʻalaea
- Friday, Aug. 25, and Saturday, Aug. 26 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: A free community pop-up clinic
- Sunday, Aug. 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (last entry at 4 p.m.): Free admission to Maui Ocean Center for kama‘āina
- For more information, visit https://mauioceancenter.com
Art with Heart at the Hui
- Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center, Makawao
- Free to all families and no pre-registration is required.
- August 26th / Solarium
Printmaking, marbled paper cards, & circus fun with Maui Aerial Arts
- September 2nd / Children’s Studio
Jewelry making, clay fun & yoga with Yoga Bees
- September 9th / Solarium
Tye dying, finger knitted leis, & circus fun with Maui Aerial Arts
- Learn more at https://www.huinoeau.com/…/8/art-with-heart-at-the-hui
The Hawai’i Wildlife Discovery Center
The Hawai’i Wildlife Discovery Center at Whaler’s Village is open again and offering art-making every day – supplies provided. Entry is FREE. All ages are welcome, especially families with keiki who are not able to be in school right now. Also, free BBQ provided at the entrance of Whalers Village until Sunday from 9:00am – 3:00pm. Free parking at the Whalers Village.
- Hawai’i Wildlife Discovery Center at Whaler’s Village, Lahaina
- Free admission through Sunday, August 27
- 9 am – 3 pm
- For more information, visit https://www.hawaiiwildlifediscoverycenter.org