480 Olinda Road, Makawao, HI 96768
From its beautiful location 2,000 feet above sea level, Seabury Hall commands sweeping views of the island’s majestic mountains and the surrounding ocean. Enriched by its natural setting, the school provides an outstanding college preparatory education that, in the words of its mission statement, “prepares students for a successful college experience, fosters a passion for lifelong development of mind, body and character, and inspires responsible citizenship.”
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
Cum Laude Society
Blue Ribbon Award, U.S. Department of Education
Cum Laude Society
Horatio Alger School of Excellence
Arts Excellence Award, Hawaii Alliance for Arts Education
|Maureen Madden||Head of School|
|Stephen Rothkopf||Head of Upper School|
|Jacqueline Neal||Head of Middle School|
|Elaine Nelson||Director of Admissions|
|Lisa Lastuka||Admissions Assistant|
480 Olinda Rd. Makawao, Hawaii 96768
Phone: (808) 572-7235 | Fax (808) 572-7196
Admissions Phone: (808) 572-0807 | Fax (808) 572-2042
For School Year: 2020-2021
The following timeline applies to the Early Application process. After November 15, 2019 the Regular Application process begins. Click here to go to the Regular Application page.
- Completed online application form
- A recent photograph of the applicant (uploaded with online application form)
- Application fee of $75
- Admissions test results
- Report cards/progress reports
- Standardized test reports
- Teacher reference forms (English & Math)
- Only those who have submitted an application will be tested. Students will be tested in writing, reading comprehension and math.
- Maui applicants are required to take the Seabury Hall Admissions Test on November 2, 2019 for early application.
- PSAT (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test) may be accepted for Upper School Applicants.
- Complete the Consent for Release of Information form and submit it to the current school’s registrar. The current school is requested to send Seabury Hall the last two years’ final report cards/progress reports and the first quarter or trimester report card for the current year, along with any Standardized Test Score Reports. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to confirm that this step is completed by the current school and follow up if necessary.
- Applicants entering 6th, 7th, 8th, or 9th grade must submit copies of their report cards as they become available through the year.
- Applicants entering 10th, 11th, 12th grade must submit a copy of their transcript from high school.
- Submit the Teacher Reference Reports to the applicant’s current Math and English teachers along with an addressed, stamped envelope.
- Teacher Reference Reports should be directly mailed to Seabury Hall or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the teachers after the first semester.
- Additional recommendations from other teachers, coaches, or individuals who can give a fair assessment of the applicant’s character are welcomed but not required. Duplication of the Reference Report form is permitted
If you are requesting financial aid please indicate your interest on the online application form. Please refer to the Seabury Hall Financial Aid Brochure for policy information and observe all deadlines. You may also apply for financial aid online by logging on to: http://sssbynais.force.com/familyportal.
Seabury Hall seeks well-rounded students of average, above average, and exceptional academic ability who can contribute to and benefit from a rigorous college preparatory program. Students are selected for admission on the basis of scholastic achievement, leadership potential, character and integrity, and a passion to pursue talents and interests in and out of the school setting. Special consideration is given to qualified candidates who are children of faculty, staff and alumni/ae, and those who have siblings attending Seabury Hall.
Nondiscrimination Statement and Policy