- This event has passed.
Earth Day at Maui Ocean Center
April 22 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join us as we celebrate Earth Day from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 22, with family-friendly activities such as face painting, children’s games, and ocean-themed activities led by marine naturalists.
Discounted admission for Kama’āina, with a valid Hawai’i state ID, is $10 per person for ages 4 and older (ages 3 and younger are free). Tickets can be ordered at mauioceancenter.com/tickets.
Community Non-profits will feature education stations, including:
- Whale Trust
- NOAA’s Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary
- Maui Nui Seabird Recovery Project
- Maui Nui Marine Resource Council
- Hawai’i Association for Marine Education and Research (HAMER)
- Hawai’i Department of Transportation, Highways Division, Maui District’s Stormwater Maui
A Coral Explore Station will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and children’s book author Ali Miller will read (and sign) her book about coral bleaching, “How Cara Lost Her Color,” at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.