Taste of School Gardens returns to Maui Tropical Plantation on March 9th. This foodie fundraiser benefiting Grow Some Good features top Maui chefs from DUO, The Mill House, Nick’s Fishmarket, Fork & Salad, Aloha Mixed Plate, Maui Breadfruit Company, and Outrigger Pizza Company, who’ll serve up delicious locally-sourced dishes.
Grow Some Good is a non-profit organization providing hands-on education for Maui’s keiki in the form of school gardens. In addition to planting seeds, keeping up the gardens, and harvesting food they’ve grown, students benefit from lessons in agriculture, science, food education and nutrition.
Celebrating its 10-year anniversary, Grow Some Good will showcase major milestones and achievements at the event and will feature founders and activities from the past decade through today. Guests will also enjoy select wines and beers, live entertainment, and exciting live and silent auctions.
For tickets and information please visit www.growsomegood.org.
Our chefs are going all out this year with a special garden-inspired menu you can’t get anywhere else. Take a peek at a few of our menu highlights:
- Cow Pig Bun House Slider with Hawaii Ranchers beef patty, house made slider bun, roasted garlic-bacon aioli, caramelized Maui onions, gruyere cheese, upcountry arugula, balsamic syrup, pickled pepperoncini.
- DUO Spiced Fish Taco with cabbage and cilantro slaw, pumpkin seed sauce, cotija cheese, salted pumpkin seeds, pickled onion.
- Fleetwood’s on Front Street Octopus Nicoise featuring Spanish octopus, soft egg, wild arugula, feta.
- Fork & Salad Ancient Grain Salad with Baked Quinoa-Falafel with quinoa, fresh herbs, tomato, cucumber, curry, golden raisins, feta cheese, hummus and tzatziki (Vegetarian).
- Mill House Garden Salad with spicy, pickled cucumber and carrots, cherry tomato, smoked avocado, preserved lemon, shaved radish, sunflower sprouts, Thai basil buds, rosemary mayonnaise dressing (Vegetarian).
- Sarento’s on the Beach Ahi Carpaccio Roulade with kalamata olive caramel, truffle mostarda, and roasted ali’i mushrooms.
- Maui Breadfruit Company Veggie Crisps with Ulu Humus Crackers with breadfruit hummus, kale pesto and beet kraut (Vegan).
- Moku Roots Taro Buns with vegan coconut bacon.
- Old Lahaina Luau Imu Braised Brisket with kalo cauliflower puree & chili roasted tomatoes.
- Outrigger Pizza Company Four Varieties of Pizza including BEET-ZA with a pesto base, beets, goat cheese. A school garden student favorite!
- Taverna Cassava Tots Local cassava root, siracha-lilikoi dipping sauce(Vegetarian).
Guests also enjoy a variety of deserts, fine wines, local sodas and brews from Maui Brewing Company, and Valley Isle Kombucha.
Deluxe VIP Tables are available this year, including special hosting service, a gift from the garden, and exclusive wines served at the tables. Certified Sommelier James Maher from Chambers & Chambers Wine Merchants will visit each VIP Table sharing the story behind the winery and unique wine selected for the table.
Taste of School Gardens
Saturday, March 9th
Maui Tropical Plantation
5:00 – 8:30pm
General Admission: $150
VIP Table of 8: $1,600
VIP Table of 4: $800