A great way to get your kiddos to eat their veggies!
- Olive oil cooking spray, for preparing the pan
- 3 large local eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Surfing Goat Dairy’s BBQ cheese (it’s kiawe smoked and gave great flavor)
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs (I was out of breadcrumbs so I ground up croutons)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp finely ground hawaiian sea salt
- 1/2tsp. of freshly ground pepper
Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Spray mini-muffin pan with olive oil.
In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a whisk. Add the zucchini, onion, cheeses, breadcrumbs, parsley, rosemary, salt, and pepper and stir lightly to mix with a whisk.
With a small spoon, fill each muffin cup just to the top, using about 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
Bake the bites for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are browned and set. No jiggly centers allowed. Allow the bites to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then carefully transfer the bites to a wire rack to cool completely. Plate and serve.
Makes 24 bites.