Many moms struggle to fit a daily exercise regime in the small amount of free time they have. Childcare, exhaustion, and erratic schedules make it challenging to get to classes or pull out the treadmill stuffed in the back of the garage.
Unless you’re a hooper.
Hoopdance is simple. Grab your hoop, put on some funky music and dance for the 5, 10 or 20 minutes you have available. You can hoop in your house, backyard, lanai–pop it in your car and hit up the beach or park.
Hoopdance burns up to 500 calories an hour. It’s a low impact exercise that creates amazing abs, obliques, strengthens the back and glutes, while improving balance, coordination and flexibility. Not to mention it’s super fun and feels more like play than a workout. The key is getting an adult-sized professional hula hoop. Your keiki’s hoop won’t cut it. A larger heavier hoop is needed to burn calories and tone muscles. Hoopnatyze custom makes fitness hula hoops in all sizes and weights as well as teaches hoopdance classes.
Waist Hooping Basics
- Stand with your feet in a parallel position.
- Hold the hoop against your lower back perpendicular to your body.
- Place your hands on the outside of the hoop at 4’oclock and 8 o’clock.
- Push the hoop to the left or right of your body (depending on what is most comfortable); if left, push with the right hand to your belly; if to the right, push with the left hand.
- When you feel the hoop move across your belly, move your hips from side to side making contact with the hoop.
For more information visit www.hoopnatyze.com or call Kisha at 808-757-4148.