Assets Center for Learning Maui
Harriet Lefton, 808-726-6017
firstname.lastname@example.org or www.assets-school.net
95 Mahalani Street, Suite 19A, Wailuku, HI 96793 (at Imua Family Services)
Beginning in November, Wednesdays and Fridays from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
The center is a one-stop shop providing access to tutoring, psychologists, speech and language therapists, and parent seminars designed to help students with learning differences while providing support to their families and teachers who interact with them. All ages.
Kumon Math & Reading Centers
Kihei South: 446-2122
Kihei North: 893-2417
Kumon Math & Reading Programs
An after-school math and reading program that employs a unique learning method designed to help each child develop the skills needed to perform to his or her potential. The curriculum spans material from preschool all the way up to college.
The Learning Center of Maui 873-6217
Certified teachers work with students in grades Preschool-12th.
From starting kindergarten to preparing for college, we have specialized Reading Readiness, SAT and private school entrance exam prep to help your student gain the confidence and knowledge they need to be successful.
Hui Malama Learning Center 244.5911
375 Mahalani Street, Wailuku
Middle School & High School classes begin in August with open enrollment throughout the school year. GED classes are year-round. New affordable tuition rates and tuition assistance available. GED Program: Career Development / Life Skills / College Prep
Tutoring Services of Maui 879-6638
Tutoring Services LLC strives to “Build a Strong Foundation” for your child. Courses are designed to your child’s academic needs. One child per session provides a quiet learning environment for your child to focus and achieve success! We provide quality, individualized attention with experienced teachers!
Maui Learning 573-7730
Individualized tutoring; all academic subjects
Ages 3 to adult
In-home, at your office, or at the library of your choice
Customized schedule 7 days/week
At family’s discretion
Maui’s BEST tutoring since ‘89! Our teacher comes to YOU; YOU make the schedule; convenient payment plan.
Maui Language and Communication Development 808-740-3021
Spreckelsville/ Maui North shore
All ages by appointment
Use language to gain self-confidence, clarity, for performance, productivity, stress relief, conflict resolution, etc.
READING and SPELLING for K-3
5 to 8 years old
By appointment, book sessions now for May and June 2016
Learn through play and develop a passion for words and reading.
ESL (English as a Second Language) for Business and/or for Life
A new approach to ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE that will help you learn fast and be CONFIDENT in English.
Eric Micha’el Leventhal – Holistic Educator
* Honors graduate of Stanford University (East Asian Studies major with focus in international education and cultural psychology).
* Consistently practice and cultivate a holistically-minded and academically-grounded approach to education, aimed at guiding the expansion of each student’s faculties within a creative, flexible, supportive, individually responsive and non-judgmental psychological context.
* Primary age demographic consists of junior high and high school students as well as young adult learners (although can offer equally vital and meaningful support to both younger and older students).
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
* Specialize in all forms of writing development including personal essays, fiction and non-fiction narratives, and research papers; have served as developmental and copy editor on multiple book projects.
* Capable of instructing or otherwise assisting math learners at all academic levels up to and including differential calculus.
* Spent 7 years living abroad in Japan, Brazil, India and elsewhere; intermediate-to-advanced-level speaker of multiple languages including Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Spanish, and Mandarin Chinese (as well as beginner-level Italian and German).
* Able to provide supplemental learning assistance in all core academic subject areas (i.e., general homework help).